3.06.2011

3/6/11 Artful Pages - Journals

The second week of the Artful Pages online class was hosted by Hope Wallace Karney and focused on journaling.
The first lesson was about facing a blank page - something familiar to all of us.  She suggested the prompt of One Word that sums up your childhood and then using the letters of that word to add descriptions and help with the journaling.  The second lesson was on Secrets and Wishes and making pockets, tags and inserts.  The final lesson was about Following Your Heart.
She offered lots of images to download, but after I started the One Word from childhood I decided to continue with family images for the rest of the journal.
I haven't added the journaling to these pages yet so I thought it was a good time to post - before I reveal all my secrets.
I still need to finish some of the letters on the second page and fill in some of the empty spaces.
The photo on the right side is actually a pocket that is attached to the edge of the book page so it can flip out - there's a green tag inside.  The rectangular photo on the right page is attached to the inside edge with tape and also flips up in order to journal on the back of it. 
The last page isn't exactly the layout suggested in class - I attached a piece of paper on the left that would flip up and a pocket on the right that is only attached at the spine that also has tags inside for journaling.


Lenna Andrews is the artist hosting next week's lessons and it's about altering books - I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment