2.01.2011

2/1/11 Monthly Sketchbook

I participated in the Art House Co-op / Sketchbook Project 2011.    28838 artists from 94 countries submitted sketchbooks that will go "on tour" to 8 cities starting this month.  The sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Art Library for public viewing.
They also sponsor a Monthly Sketchbook project - you sign up for 3, 6 or 12 months and receive a blank sketchbook every month with a theme assigned to it.  For January the theme was Time Traveller and I decided to only do collage so I went through stacks of magazines and other images I had -  I looked for images of people from different time periods, backgrounds, watch/time machine images.  Then when I started working I stopped thinking and just kind of reacted to what I was grabbing and putting together.
These are some of the page layouts from that book:







No comments:

Post a Comment